Tuesday, August 14, 2012

San D

Prior to my departure, my mom, dad, and I decided to go on a mini-vacation to San Diego for a few days. We are staying in Old Town San Diego, which is rife with restaurants and the labyrinthine Hacienda Hotel. Mission San Diego is also in this area, though we haven't visited it yet.

We arrived in San Diego, or as my dad likes to call it San D, in the afternoon on Sunday 08/12. We had enough time to explore Old Town, and scope out a restaurant. The atmosphere and temperature here are phenomenal. I know, there are lots of tourists, but it's still a load of fun seeing the architecture.

On Monday 08/13, we spent most of the day in Balboa Park, seeing the gardens and some museums. I definitely want to come back and see more of this city, and maybe even trek down to Mexico from here.

1 more week until departure. Still so many things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment