Thursday, August 16, 2012

just hula

Yesterday was pretty simple. I had to give a final presentation of sorts at MIRA, the Monterey Institute of Research in Astronomy, where I was working as a volunteer researcher over the summer. I talked about the Deep Space Project, which successfully planted a 364 kg copper chunk onto the surface of the comet Tempel 1 in 2005. The presentation went smoothly. Unlike some of the other one's I've given in college.

After the presentation, I was bound for my alma mater, North Salinas High School, to pick up Edgar (bffl), and see my Japanese teacher, Mr. Yo Azama (ACTFL's Foreign Language Teacher of the Year, 2012). We talked a little bit, and made dinner plans at a Hawaiian restaurant in Monterey called Hula. It was Azama-sensei, Troy, Michelle, Tomoki, and I. Several Mai Tais were drank, as well as a Tropic Itch, and the mood was lively and fun. I may not see Azama-sensei for quite some time, but it's truly always a pleasure. We returned to his house to sober up on coffee. I returned home on side roads, avoiding the main thoroughfares as often as possible.

I got home and began working on sorting through my photos for a scrapbook to show people who I am and where I'm from. I have a lot of pictures from the past two years, but they sure have been some of the more meaningful ones. It's not so bad, then, that I've lost many photos to crashing harddrives. Facebook does a good job keeping records of the old me, but my personal photo collection is as limited as my own memory. Which can be a good thing I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment