Monday, August 20, 2012

Pre-partying for jet-lagging

I have been absent for a few days. Not much has happened since the last post. On Friday 08/17, I celebrated my friend Joe Brubaker's 25th birthday. We played Cards Against Humanity for a few hours, and then all peaced out. Saturday 08/18 was my last day working at Fremont Peak. We had loads of food for the annual BBQ, cleverly dubbed the "Star-B-Q". Sunday 08/19 was loads of fun. I had friends over for a BBQ/potluck. I got to see Kelvin, his wife Nichelle, and their son Garret Charles, Tamika, Victor, Edgar Navarro, Joe, Joann, Kristy, Ray, Natalie, Pamela, Jin, Michelle L, and Corey. Tamika's Mac and Cheese was to die for. We played Mafia twice, and went out for frisbee later in the afternoon. The mafiosos won once and the civilians the second time. During frisbee, the older team won, with much help from pinch thrower Corey. Later that evening, I repacked, and watched "Inception" with Edgar for the second time. Things were SO much clearer the second time around. It also helped that Edgar had recently seen it. On Monday 08/20, my mom, dad, and I ventured to SF so that I could pick up my passport from the Consulate General. After hearing a quick briefing, I left to have lunch with my mom and dad. I split the bill at an overpriced Chinese restaurant in SoMa that served dim-sum. While it was rather good, the price was just too steep. Then, we found out that my dad's car had been towed away for not parking it correctly. Thankfully, Terry, Edgar, Joe, and Jermoy were in town, so my dad was able to hitch a ride to the impound to free our beautiful blue Volvo wagon. We then all went out for Irish coffees at The Buena Vista in the Aqua Park district of SF. So. Good. After saying farewell to my friends, the parents and I headed southbound for Sunnyvale. My aunt Jeanie will drive me to the airport in less than 9 hours. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment